Land Transport Affairs
The Land Transport Affairs is responsible for enhancing and regulating all aspects of land transportation.
Have a look at the latest Bus Routes and Time Tables.
The Land Transportation Regulation Directorate is responsible for the regulation of the taxi sector in Bahrain
Plan your trip here
In the News
1 November 2018
Transporting Goods using Trucks Registered with Orange License Plates to and from Bahrain International Airport
The Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications has observed that unlicensed trucks are transporting goods from and to Bahrain International Airport.
1 November 2018
Transporting Goods using Trucks Registered with Orange License Plates to KBSP
The Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications has observed that unlicensed trucks are transporting goods from and to Khalifa Bin Salman Port (KBSP). These trucks belong to companies, establishments, and individuals that do not have the appropriate license to conduct the “Internal Transport of Goods" activity and their trucks are registered with orange license plate numbers.
30 July 2018
August 1st 2018 Deadline: Crossing of Trucks Registered with Orange License Plates
The Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications has observed that unlicensed trucks are transporting goods across the King Fahd Causeway.
20 December 2016
IDOM Consulting Engineering Architecture Appointed as Consultant for the Light Rail Network Project
His Excellency the Minister of Transportation and Telecommunications Engineer Kamal bin Ahmed Mohammed met with IDOM Consulting Engineering Architecture
28 June 2015
Sixty renovated shelters will be in place by August
Reconstruction of Bus Shelters underway
- 7,762Total Aircraft Movement, Apr 2019
- 857,489Total Passengers, Apr 2019
- 19,046Total Cargo and Mail, Apr 2019
- 933,497Monthly ridership, May 2019
- 45,448,101Total Passengers (Feb 2015-May 2019)
- 67,075General Cargo, May 2019
- 38,358Container Throughput, May 2019
- 53Total Vessels, May 2019
- 99Percent Mobile network coverage
- 57Percent of households passed by fiber-optic broadband network
- 90Percent of businesses passed by fiber-optic broadband network